| Tofino is known for its spectacular wilderness surroundings.
Remote Passages' sea kayaking day trips bring you quickly
from the bustle of Tofino harbour onto quiet waters nearby where
rainforest, beaches and tidal flats surround you.
Visitors who are in the area for several days often choose a kayak outing with us on one day, and a more wide-ranging Zodiac excursion on another. Remote Passages' knowledgeable staff can help you plan an itinerary with several marine outings - a fun and relaxing way to discover the many marvels of Clayoquot Sound!
| Our Sea Kayaking Day Trips
- Tofino to Meares Island, paddling through harbour islets
- includes a walk on the 'Big Tree Trail'
- you learn about rainforest ecology and local history (. . . and remember to watch for eagles and migratory birds on the mudflats at low tide)
"Islands" (2 1/2 hours)
- from Tofino, you paddle toward the outer-coast islands
- stories of 'Clayoquot Island characters,' and early evening wildlife sightings often highlight this program
- Note: Sometimes the "Islands" is a "Sunriser" or "Sundowner" scheduled to best accommodate tidal changes - often a good chance to watch interesting birds!
| Recommended Gear
We provide all basic kayaking gear. For your comfort, we ask you bring the following:
|Departure Times & Rates for 2009 *||Spring Discounts|
|Program||Per Person||Departure Times||Duration|
|Clayoquot Explorer||$79||varies according to tides||4 hours|
||$64||varies according to tides||2 1/2 hours|
Prebooking can be arranged by VISA or MasterCard,
or with 50% deposit. 5% GST not included / Prices
and taxes subject to change / 48 hour cancellation
policy (groups may vary)