Tofino Whale Watching
Welcome Aboard the Whale Watch Plus Program!
Remote Passages brings many years of experience and a responsible approach to whale watching in Tofino on the west coast. We offer a half-day whale watching program that travels to Gray whale feeding areas near Tofino, and a combination package which includes the thermal pools at Hot Springs Cove.
Our excursions take you through the pristine waters of Clayoquot Sound, revealing sensational scenery, and wildlife such as Gray whales, sea lions, seals, porpoise and Killer whales. The area is also known for its variety of sea birds, including tufted puffins, and the numbers of resident bald eagles. Visit The Whale Report for recent sightings.
"Whale Watch Plus" (2 1/2 to 3 hours)
- Gray Whales & Humpback whales highlight this program
March to May - annual Gray whale migration
June to November - 'resident' Gray & Humpback whales in local feeding areas
- Travels through both protected and open-coast marine waters
- Interpretive stops feature coastal wildlife and rainforest
Departure Times & Rates
for 2012 - 2013*
|Whale Watch Plus||Zodiac||$89||$69||daily||2 1/2 to 3 hours|
|Cabin||$95||$74||daily @ 9:30 a.m.|
- Multi-Trip: 10% off 2nd & additional programs
- Group: 10% off, minimum number varies by tour.
- Student: 10% off, includes post-secondary; with valid student card.
- CAA (including AAA, ADAC and other CAA affiliates): 10% off
- Hostelling International: 10% - 15% off, depending on program
* Discounts on regular adult rates only
* Offers cannot be combined with any other discount
We recommend advance reservations for all our tours. Group rates available for 6 or more.
Prebooking can be arranged by VISA or MasterCard, or with 50% deposit.
48 hour change / cancellation policy (groups may vary)
* Add tax. We reserve right to add fuel surcharge (currently $7pp), change price without notice.
Please Note: $2 will be added to all fares to support marine wildlife and forest ecosystem research and education in Clayoquot Sound.